We’re looking for a motivated and collaborative individual to lead the development functions of our growing organization. The Development Manager plays a leadership role within the organization, overseeing and orchestrating a range of fundraising activities and leading a development team that includes the Executive Director, Director of Programs, and Communications Director.
This is an opportunity to play a critical leadership role within a fun, mission-driven team working to help communities throughout the American West. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of soft skills and management abilities and be ready to engage collaboratively in a creative and fast-paced work environment. Experience in nonprofit development is ideal, but not required.
The Development Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plans to raise funds for the organization, both cost-effectively and time-efficiently. Among other things, the Development Manager will oversee and manage fundraising efforts, work with board and staff to expand and cultivate a donor base and build strong and successful relationships, maintain communications with donors and patrons, collaborate with staff to effectively execute fundraising activities, and develop systems and processes that support our fundraising efforts.
The Development Manager, working in collaboration with program staff and the Executive Director, will also provide leadership and management in grant writing and management processes. Similarly, the Development Manager will collaborate closely with the Communications team to develop compelling stories and fundraising materials about our work and its impact. This includes playing a key role in the development of annual reports, impact videos, and related materials.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to lead team discussions and engage with board members and funders.
- Experience with developing and submitting grants is strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and other basic office software/technology (email, etc).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to deadlines as needed.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work with a diverse team in a high-paced, complex organizational environment.
- Experience in nonprofit development strongly preferred.
This is a full-time position based in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Community Builders offers competitive salary and benefits, as well as exceptional professional development opportunities.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Development Manager” in the subject line. Though not required at the time of submittal, we will ask for references for all applicants that we consider for the position. We will notify applicants before calling references and will not contact current employers without permission. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Interviews will be scheduled with potential candidates until the position is filled.