Local leaders across Wyoming are determined to build strong communities that offer great jobs, affordable homes, and excellent recreation for generations to come. But they are faced with significant challenges. While the national economy is soaring, many communities across the state are struggling. It is clear that the days of being reliant on a single industry are gone. What can local communities do to adapt and be successful in today’s economy?
The Community Builders Leadership Institute (CBLI) is a training for local leaders who want to create a positive future for their communities. Over two and a half days, teams of community leaders will work with trainers and facilitators to develop strategies that tackle their most pressing issues back home. Teams will leave the CBLI equipped with a clear plan of action that enables them to achieve real and positive change in their community.
Over two and half days, the Community Builders Leadership Institute (CBLI) engages community teams in an intensive workshop that builds leadership and practical understanding of ways to align community planning and economic development in today’s economy. Working with dynamic trainers and facilitators, participants will leave the CBLI equipped with a clear plan of action for how to address the top issues facing their community.
This training will help participating community leaders understand:
- The key ingredients for successful economic development
- Relevant economic and housing market trends and their impact on our communities
- Factors influencing community growth and what leaders can do to enable desired development and investment
- How to have effective and informed community discussion around critical issues
- Specific action steps that communities can take for long-term success